- I’ve been to 22 countries, including dozens of trips to France. After all, it was my next-door neighbor when I lived in Germany.
- I was once a recording artist. I was a member of a children’s choir when we recorded an album for the 25th anniversary of the organization. That’s when I learned that recording an album is not as glamorous as people think. It involves many repetitions because the slightest noise – such as rustling a piece of paper – makes a recording obsolete.
- I was on TV twice: the first time on Pittsburgh’s KDKA after winning First Place in a bird photo contest, the second time on Moon Township’s Access TV after publishing my novel.
- I used to dance in a folk dance group and participated in the July 4th parade at the Kutztown Folk Festival in Pennsylvania in 1979.
- I have never owned a dog, but you wouldn’t know it if you observed my dog encounters. Dogs are drawn to me like yellow jackets to a plum cake, as long as they are not defending their own yard.
Image: Krish Dulal (Wikimedia Commons)